- Julie Soweto Biography
- Julie Soweto career
- Lawyer Julie Soweto tribe
- Julie Soweto age and Networth
Julie Soweto Aulo popularly known as Julie Soweto is a Kenyan constitution lawyer, human rights defender and international law practitioner. She was born in Nyanza region by Luo parents and raised in Kisumu before relocating to Nairobi. The Lawyer is 44 Years old and has been practicing law for the last 22 years both in Kenya and South Africa. Julie is a true definition of an African bold woman who has strongly defended the rights of human kind. Lawyer Soweto is representing Kenya’s political coalition Azimio La Umoja lead by RT Prime minister Hon. Raila Odinga. The lawyer is representing Azimio La Umoja in a presidential election petition at the supreme court of Kenya. The petition is challenging Kenya Kwanza led by Deputy president William Ruto victory after the August 9th general Election. Julie’s eloquent and mastery in constitution is something to be admired by many Kenyans.
Julie Soweto Aulo Background and Education.
Julie was born in 1977 by Kenyan parents in Nyanza region of Kenya but later relocated to Nairobi. Her education life is as follows.
- 1991-1994 – Julie Aulo joined Kenya High school. This is a national school level located in Nairobi Kenya . She scored an A- in her national examination.
- 1996- 2000 – she joined University of Nairobi where she studied Bachelor of Law ( LLB )
- 2002 – Julie joined university of Pretoria where she furthered her studies and attained Master of Law ( LLM) in human rights and democratisation in Africa
Work Experience and Career.
The layer has attained alot of experience for the last 22 years of her career. She has tackled various national level cases both in South Africa and Kenya. This includes the 2017 and 2022 presidential election petitions among may others. Her career background is as follows:-
- 2003 Intern/ assistant to deputy commissioner. South African Human rights commission.
- September 2003 – June 2004. Worked as a researcher cum Tutor. Centre for Human rights. University of Pretoria.
- July 2004 – December 2004. Law clerk/ researcher to Justice Dikgang E. Moseneke, The constitutional court of South African.
- November 2005- November 2017. JAB Orengo Advocates
- December 2012- present. (Owns) Soweto and Co. Advocates in Nairobi.
Julie Soweto Skills.
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- International law
- Human rights and democratisation in Africa
- Constitution law.
Julie Soweto Family and Networth
Soweto Aulo is married to her husband who is currently not known to the public and they are blessed with kids (3).
The Law practitioner is estimated to be worth about $ 1.5M ( Approximately Ksh 170M) She prides presenting prominent businessmen and politicians in Kenya including Azimio La Umoja presidential candidate Raila Odinga at the supreme court of Kenya. Her mastery and eloquent in the Kenya constitution is something to admire.